1. According to the melting temperature range of brazing materials
(1) Brazing materials with melting point lower than 450℃ are called soft brazing materials such as crop-based, tin-based, lead-based, zinc-based alloys.
(2) The brazing material with melting point higher than 450`C is called hard brazing material (commonly known as refractory brazing material) such as aluminum-based, copper-based, silver-based, manganese-based, gold-based, nickel-based and other alloys.
2. According to the main alloying elements of brazing materials
According to its main alloying elements, brazing materials can be divided into silver-based, copper-based, tin-based, lead-based, aluminum-based brazing materials.
3. According to the shape of brazing material
According to its shape, brazing material can be divided into wire, rod, sheet, foil, powder or special shape brazing material (such as ring brazing material or paste brazing material, etc.).
4. According to whether the brazing agent needs to be added at the time of use
There are two types of brazing media: self brazing media and brazing media added. Self fluxing brazing alloy is a brazing material that can be brazed directly without the use of a brazing flux. It is a special kind of metal joining material. This type of brazing alloy contains elements that act as a brazing flux. There are two main types of self-fluxing brazing alloy: copper-phosphorus brazing alloy and copper-silver-phosphorus brazing alloy with phosphorus, and copper- and silver-based brazing alloy with lithium.